According to the NAR, 70-80% of home sellers say they would list with an agent that uses video to market their property. Yet, less than 5% of agents are actually using video. 5%!!! It’s still an almost-completely untapped market.
Here are some powerful stats to digest:
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos (YouTube).
- Combining video with full page ads boosts engagement by 22%
- Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97%, and brand association by 139%.
- About 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video.
- Subscribers opting out were reduced by 75% thanks to video content in email marketing
- Video E-mail messages generate 2-3 X higher click-thru rates compared to static E-mails.
A well-crafted real estate tour video has the potential to garner far more exposure for a given listing, versus a traditional print and photo presentation. With a thorough sharing strategy integrating a YouTube or Vimeo channel, mainstream social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, and e-mail, agents can market both themselves, and their listings to a virtually unlimited audience. Video content will increase website traffic and lead generation. Conversion will also increase simply by virtue of making the agent with video content stand out above the fray. Placing a rider advertising the video along with a for-sale sign can capture passersby who can easily watch the tour from their smartphones, then click through to the agent’s website, or just call them on the spot for an appointment. Prospective buyers are more likely to call an agent they’ve “met” already through a video.